We are excited to be (mostly) unpacked into the storerooms and offices of our new location at 493 Selby Avenue in Saint Paul. Our store remains closed for retail shopping, but our website is always open. In addition to regular shipping and limited local residential delivery options, we are also offering curbside pick-up.
Here are our procedures for curbside pick-up:
• Place your order online (remember to email us if you're looking for something you don't see online; we're happy to track it down). Choose in-store pick-up at checkout.
• Wait for email confirmation that your order is ready for pick-up (we will do our best to have orders ready within 24 hours, and will reach out if there are issues). Please do not arrive at the shop if you have not received notification that your order is ready for pick-up.
• Come to the shop weekdays between noon and 3pm (493 Selby Avenue, Saint Paul, Minnesota 55102). Call us at 651-222.5793 to notify us of your arrival. Please note the space directly in front of the shop is a bus stop. Short-term parking is available in the lot next to the shop, and there is plenty of street parking on Selby Ave and Mackubin Street.
• Wait at the marked spot outside our door, wearing a mask (this is required). We will set your order on the table outside our door, give you a friendly wave, and step back into the store, after which you may pick up your order and head home to play with your yarn!
Curbside pick-up at our new location is a bit of an experiment, and we may tweak the details after this week. We'll be sure to let you know of any changes, and we welcome your feedback after you stop by.
Shelly, Scott, and everyone at The Yarnery
May 26, 2020
Subscribe to our newsletter to stay in the loop.
April 14, 2020
As events have continued to unfold, we've adapted at the shop, and with the extended shelter-in-place order, we're continuing to fine-tune what we do.
We're continuing to ship orders, and we're grateful for that opportunity. Domestic shipping is free for orders over $50. If you need something you don't see online, please contact us. We're happy to help, and get you what you need.
Beginning today, we're bringing back free local residential delivery to a limited area, with a $20 minimum order. Please read the delivery guidelines carefully before choosing this option. The most important change: delivery is no-contact, meaning we will not open any doors or enter multi-unit buildings. Packages will only be left outside the front door. If your situation doesn't allow for that, please choose standard shipping
We know small businesses are being creative, and each business is doing something a bit differently, which can make it confusing for you, the customer! We all have to make decisions about what we can do based on staffing, space, and safety. For us that means no customer contact at the shop, including pick-ups or returns. If you need to return or exchange something purchased during shelter-in-place, we're extending terms so that won't be a problem when the brick-and-mortar shop is open again. Many of you have asked if you can swing by to pick up something quick, and we totally understand the impulse, but it's just not possible at this time.
If you have any questions, contact us any time. We'll respond as soon as we possibly can. Stay safe, keep knitting, take care.
March 26, 2020
How are you?
We are so grateful for your notes, and we love seeing your projects. Thanks for continuing to be in touch.
We are offering FREE SHIPPING on all domestic orders over $50 until further notice. While we've had to close our doors and pause deliveries for the time being, we're excited to see that the yarn community we love continues to connect in ever more creative ways. Thank you for supporting us, and each other.
March 23, 2020
While in-store shopping is currently suspended, we are happy to report that website orders will be delivered as usual via free local residential delivery and regular shipping. Please let us know if you have questions. Thank you for your support!
March 20, 2020
Out of an abundance of caution, our in-store shopping hours are currently suspended. However, we're happy to take online and phone orders for curbside pickup, free local residential delivery, and regular shipping. Please call us at 651.222.5793, or drop us a line and let us know how you're doing.
March 19, 2020
How are you? We're doing fine here, and we're so grateful for your messages and support. We're all going to depend on each other to make it through this. The brick-and-mortar shop continues to operate in a limited way. You're welcome to call us with an order (651.222.5793), or order online, and if you want to pick something up, we'll bring it out to your car (you can pull up in the parking lot behind the shop). If you are visiting the shop, we're keeping the front door locked and will allow one person in at a time as we're able. Someone is generally here until 5pm, though it's best to call ahead later in the afternoon.
We're thrilled to be delivering all over the metro, so keep those orders coming! And we're shipping to those of you across the country just as fast as we can. Please let us know if you have any questions, and thank you, thank you, thank you! Stay well, be safe, keep knitting.
March 16, 2020
First of all, how are you? We hope you're staying healthy, navigating these uncertain times, and finding comfort in things you enjoy. Yes, like knitting! A few shop updates as we go forward:
• We remain open, and we'd love to help you find a project. Shop online for free local residential delivery, shipping (we've lowered our free shipping threshold to $50), or in-store/curbside pickup. Were going to continue to inspire you with projects—in fact, we have some exciting new ones planned for the next couple weeks.
• Classes, clinics, and our Tuesday morning gathering are suspended through the end of the month. We will contact students individually with more information as we move forward.
• Our shop hours will change slightly: Mon-Sat 10am-6pm, Sun 11am-4pm.
• We're continuing to clean, remove common-touch points in the shop, and make your experience safe. We prefer credit cards to cash or check for transactions. We'll avoid touching each other's needles and projects. We ask that kids remain with you in the shop at all times, and ask them to keep their hands in their pockets. And as always, if you're in any kind of at-risk demographic, please shop from home.
Please be in touch, and let us know how we can help. We're happy to answer any questions, track down a pattern, and find you the perfect project to keep you content. Thank you for your support!