The Yarnery is open.
Thank you all so much for your kind words and support this week. The past few days have confirmed for us that our shop protocols are working, and that our Safe Shopping Guidelines are in place for a reason. We hope you'll review them before visiting us.
The store is looking great, and we've got lots of exciting projects and new yarns coming your way this spring. We hope you'll visit us soon, safely, and often!
Shelly, Scott, and everyone at The Yarnery
February 26, 2021
Subscribe to our newsletter to stay in the loop.
February 22, 2021
The Yarnery is temporarily closed.
Due to possible Covid exposure, we are temporarily closing the shop for in-store shopping and curbside pickup, as we follow Minnesota COVID-19 Response protocols for testing and isolation. We will update you here, and on Instagram and Facebook, about re-opening.
We appreciate your ongoing support! Domestic shipping will be free on all orders, regardless of amount, while we are closed for in-store shopping. We'll be working just as hard to make your yarn dreams come true, even though we'll be working a bit differently for a few days.
November 16, 2020
We're grateful for your support, cooperation, and good wishes as we continue to navigate shopping in the time of Covid. Over the past few months we've continued to fine-tune a safe way to operate the store, and have developed these simple safe shopping procedures — they're guidelines we all can live with.
Please note our store hours, and let us know if you have any questions. We look forward to helping you find the supplies and inspiration you need to create a season of warmth.
And, please enjoy and share these coloring pages. Our gift to you. We're in knit together.
July 16, 2020
We're open! Please note our store hours.
We welcome 3 customers in the shop at a time. Masks are required for entry, and hand sanitizer is available as you enter the shop. We accept credit cards and gift cards for payment; no cash (temporary), and no checks (a permanent change).
Please let us know if you have any questions, and we look forward to welcoming you to our new location: 493 Selby Ave, Saint Paul, MN 55102.
May 26, 2020
We've moved! We are excited to be (mostly) unpacked into the storerooms and offices of our new location at 493 Selby Avenue in Saint Paul. Our store remains closed for retail shopping, but our website is always open. In addition to regular shipping and limited local residential delivery options, we are also offering curbside pick-up.
Here are our procedures for curbside pick-up:
• Place your order online (remember to email us if you're looking for something you don't see online; we're happy to track it down). Choose in-store pick-up at checkout.
• Wait for email confirmation that your order is ready for pick-up (we will do our best to have orders ready within 24 hours, and will reach out if there are issues). Please do not arrive at the shop if you have not received notification that your order is ready for pick-up.
• Come to the shop weekdays between noon and 3pm (493 Selby Avenue, Saint Paul, Minnesota 55102). Call us at 651-222.5793 to notify us of your arrival. Please note the space directly in front of the shop is a bus stop. Short-term parking is available in the lot next to the shop, and there is plenty of street parking on Selby Ave and Mackubin Street.
• Wait at the marked spot outside our door, wearing a mask (this is required). We will set your order on the table outside our door, give you a friendly wave, and step back into the store, after which you may pick up your order and head home to play with your yarn!
Curbside pick-up at our new location is a bit of an experiment, and we may tweak the details after this week. We'll be sure to let you know of any changes, and we welcome your feedback after you stop by.
April 14, 2020
As events have continued to unfold, we've adapted at the shop, and with the extended shelter-in-place order, we're continuing to fine-tune what we do.
We're continuing to ship orders, and we're grateful for that opportunity. Domestic shipping is free for orders over $50. If you need something you don't see online, please contact us. We're happy to help, and get you what you need.
Beginning today, we're bringing back free local residential delivery to a limited area, with a $20 minimum order. Please read the delivery guidelines carefully before choosing this option. The most important change: delivery is no-contact, meaning we will not open any doors or enter multi-unit buildings. Packages will only be left outside the front door. If your situation doesn't allow for that, please choose standard shipping
We know small businesses are being creative, and each business is doing something a bit differently, which can make it confusing for you, the customer! We all have to make decisions about what we can do based on staffing, space, and safety. For us that means no customer contact at the shop, including pick-ups or returns. If you need to return or exchange something purchased during shelter-in-place, we're extending terms so that won't be a problem when the brick-and-mortar shop is open again. Many of you have asked if you can swing by to pick up something quick, and we totally understand the impulse, but it's just not possible at this time.
If you have any questions, contact us any time. We'll respond as soon as we possibly can. Stay safe, keep knitting, take care.
March 26, 2020
How are you?
We are so grateful for your notes, and we love seeing your projects. Thanks for continuing to be in touch.
We are offering FREE SHIPPING on all domestic orders over $50 until further notice. While we've had to close our doors and pause deliveries for the time being, we're excited to see that the yarn community we love continues to connect in ever more creative ways. Thank you for supporting us, and each other.
March 23, 2020
While in-store shopping is currently suspended, we are happy to report that website orders will be delivered as usual via free local residential delivery and regular shipping. Please let us know if you have questions. Thank you for your support!
March 20, 2020
Out of an abundance of caution, our in-store shopping hours are currently suspended. However, we're happy to take online and phone orders for curbside pickup, free local residential delivery, and regular shipping. Please call us at 651.222.5793, or drop us a line and let us know how you're doing.
March 19, 2020
How are you? We're doing fine here, and we're so grateful for your messages and support. We're all going to depend on each other to make it through this. The brick-and-mortar shop continues to operate in a limited way. You're welcome to call us with an order (651.222.5793), or order online, and if you want to pick something up, we'll bring it out to your car (you can pull up in the parking lot behind the shop). If you are visiting the shop, we're keeping the front door locked and will allow one person in at a time as we're able. Someone is generally here until 5pm, though it's best to call ahead later in the afternoon.
We're thrilled to be delivering all over the metro, so keep those orders coming! And we're shipping to those of you across the country just as fast as we can. Please let us know if you have any questions, and thank you, thank you, thank you! Stay well, be safe, keep knitting.
March 16, 2020
First of all, how are you? We hope you're staying healthy, navigating these uncertain times, and finding comfort in things you enjoy. Yes, like knitting! A few shop updates as we go forward:
• We remain open, and we'd love to help you find a project. Shop online for free local residential delivery, shipping (we've lowered our free shipping threshold to $50), or in-store/curbside pickup. Were going to continue to inspire you with projects—in fact, we have some exciting new ones planned for the next couple weeks.
• Classes, clinics, and our Tuesday morning gathering are suspended through the end of the month. We will contact students individually with more information as we move forward.
• Our shop hours will change slightly: Mon-Sat 10am-6pm, Sun 11am-4pm.
• We're continuing to clean, remove common-touch points in the shop, and make your experience safe. We prefer credit cards to cash or check for transactions. We'll avoid touching each other's needles and projects. We ask that kids remain with you in the shop at all times, and ask them to keep their hands in their pockets. And as always, if you're in any kind of at-risk demographic, please shop from home.
Please be in touch, and let us know how we can help. We're happy to answer any questions, track down a pattern, and find you the perfect project to keep you content. Thank you for your support!